- Reverse culture shock: At first, you are excited to return home, see family and friends and immerse yourself in the ‘familiarity’ of life back home, but expats often have a feeling of disconnect on their return. People have moved on and they have also changed.
- Financial adjustment: Your salary might be less than what you were previously earning.
- Healthcare standards: Healthcare where you were living might have been free and better, more state-of-the-art facilities were available.
- Finding a place to live.
- Your qualifications and experience isn’t applicable in your home country.
- Reestablishing local connections and forging new connections.
Comments are closed.